Parker Energy – Vacancy – Solar PV Project Manager, Glasgow
We are currently seeking a Solar PV Project Manager to develop, control, review and manage projects of various sizes, values and complexity and ensuring the delivery of these projects to stringent time, quality and cost parameters
Key responsibilities –
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Responsible for the overall management of projects from initial acceptance to handover and ensuring excellence in customer service and project delivery.
- Responsible for all technical submissions for approval prior to procurement.
- Carrying out all approvals/notifications required for a complete Solar PV Installation whether it’s a Planning Application or DNO Application/Notification.
- Making sure cost effective selections are made during the procurement process.
- Making sure the correct materials are procured to suit the design of the Solar PV System.
- Making the relevant selection of Sub-Contractors to suit the project and budgets available.
- Ensure all Health and Safety documentation is produced and in place prior to any work commencing on site.
- Ensure that all employees/subcontractors sign up to and follow risk assessments and method statement and adhere to the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Work with and advise the client on all aspects of project implementation and delivery in accordance with programme and best practice.
- Ensures project documents including O&M manuals are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Manage day to day operations of all projects and managing labour to meet site demands.
- Attend regular site meetings with the subcontractors main contractors and clients
- Responsible for the control, monitoring and management of the project with regards to profit, loss, accounts, invoicing and debt control.
- Develop and maintain close business relationship with external clients to align project delivery requirements and standards.
- The role also requires the employee to keep up to date with relevant aspects of the renewables sector including but not limited to government legislation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified in Electrical Engineering or Project Management
- Qualified in Solar PV installations
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects and managing the site based element of Solar PV installations within the construction services environment.
- Proven track record of successful site management
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety regulations
- Current UK Driving Licence
- Relevant industry experience
- Competent PC user with experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- SMSTS qualification
In exchange for your skills and experience we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are up for the challenge and possess the right skills/ experience, please send your CV to Amanda.email@example.com
Parker Technical Services is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE